* We are the only major UK operator offering this peak*
* Bolivia's highest peak, and 3 other alpine style ascents
* Wild and remote trekking in the Cordillera Apolobamba
* Cultural visits to Tiwanaku & Lake Titikaka
* An action packed 3 week trip to the heart of South America
Bolivia is a land of extraordinary contrasts and extremes - in terms of geography, topography, climate, history and culture. It also has some of the most wild and beautiful mountains in the World, and over the course of this 3 week trip we aim to see of much of the Country as possible and climb up to 4 alpine peaks. Starting in the fascinating ancient city of La Paz, we then spend a few days acclimatising to the thin air and taking in the sights and sounds of Lake Titikaka and it's surrounding area. With our bodies now able to start trekking, we drive into the remote and deserted wilderness of the Cordillera Apolobamba, where we make 3 alpine style ascents of nearby peaks. After a rest back in La Paz (wtih an optional excursion to the World famous pre - Inca ruins at Tiwanaku) we head back into the mountains to climb Sajama (6542m), the highest peak in Bolivia. With everything from technical mountaineering through to cultural visits, this trip has it all.
Price - £2950 (Land Only)
Dates - 28.7.2013 - 18.8.2013 (22 Days)
Altitude - 6542m
Grade - 3C
* A professional Western leader
* All internal transport including airport transfers
* All accommodation
* All meals from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 22
* Fees for permits and national park entry
* A full trekking service including food and equipment (NB. This excludes personal camping equipment)
* Bolivian IFMGA Mountain guides for mountaineering days. Maximum ratio 1 guide to 2 clients.
* Expert local guides for cultural visits
What's not included?
* International Flights
* Travel Insurance
* Visa required for entry into the United States
* Tips for local staff
* Miscellaneous expenses such as souvenirs and drinks.
* Bolivian airport departure tax
Mountain World Limited. UK Registered Company No. 08307954.